Capture the flag is a computer security game. Each team is given a machine (or small network) to defend on an isolated network. Teams are scored on both their success in defending their assigned machine and on their success in attacking other team's machines. Depending on the nature of the particular CTF game, teams may either be attempting to take an opponent's flag from their machine or teams may be attempting to plant their own flag on their opponent's machine. Details of the Competition and prizes will be announced soon.
To Participate : Closed!
The competition will consist of two phases:
First Qualification Phase:
The qualification phase will be an online challenge and it will start on the 10th of
We will send the full details to registered users through their mails, so keep checking your mail starting from the 10th of September to start your challenge.
P.S: All registrants must pass this phase to qualify for the second Phase.
Second CSCAMP Phase:
The second phase will be inside Cairo Security Camp premises, the users qualified from the first phase will form teams consist of 2 or more persons according to the total number of qualified users from the first phase and will start their challenges on 30th of September noon till the first of October 2011 (i.e. Cairo Security Camp period)
What do you have to bring with you?
- Your Laptop and Charger with a wireless connection.
- You will have to bring all the tools you usually use for Web Exploitation/ Reversing (Windows tools required) / Exploit writing (Windows tools required) for example (debuggers/ disasemblers, data temperer, etc)
- You will need windows machines on VM for the 0day exploit challenge (XP SP2 and XP SP3)
- Back track Linux will also be needed for payloads, shell codes, etc ...
What will we offer you?
- LAN and Internet connection.
- We will bring the software to exploit/reverse i.e. the challenges.
- we will have all the tools with us just in case of someone misses his own tools but Competitors should rely on themselves.